Published November 18, 2022
Important Health Guidance
The cold weather has arrived and we are spending more time indoors. Please review the following recommendations we continue to practice for individuals who are presenting with cold, flu, and/or COVID-19 symptoms.
- At the onset of cold, flu, and/or COVID-19 symptoms, individuals are asked to remain at home and self-monitor closely.
- Individuals who have general cold and flu symptoms but remain fever-free and are testing negative for COVID-19 may return to school once symptoms have improved, and they should wear a mask until symptoms subside.
- Individuals who have cold and flu symptoms, have a fever, and are testing negative for COVID-19, are expected to remain home until they are fever-free for 24-hours and cold-like symptoms are improving. Once symptoms have improved, they may return to school and they should wear a mask until symptoms subside.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 are expected to remain at home for five days. Once symptoms have improved, they may return to school and they should wear a mask for ten days after their symptoms started. If they have had no symptoms, they should wear a mask for ten days after the date of a positive test. Please review Public Health guidelines currently in place at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/info-for-mbs.html#isolation.
Thank you for working together for the health of all.
Published early September 2022
Informed by Manitoba Education and Public Health, SMA has returned to pre-pandemic course offerings and scheduling for the 2022-23 school year. The following health and safety guidelines are in place for students and school staff:
- Monitor daily for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If symptomatic, stay home and follow Public Health guidance for isolation https://manitoba.ca/covid19/info-for-mbs.html#isolation. Please advise SMA of student absences by emailing Mrs. Jill Boulet at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the attendance line at 204-477-0244 ext 340.
- Stay home when sick.
- Students who become ill at school are asked to advise their teacher and then report to the school office. The parent/caregiver will be called to pick-up the student.
- Contact tracing is no longer routinely recommended by Public Health. Close contacts of COVID-19 cases are not required to self-isolate (quarantine) if they do not have symptoms.
- Masks are optional and at the discretion of the individual (each choice is respected). Students who choose to wear a mask are encouraged to bring their own. Go to the following link to view Government of Manitoba mask recommendations https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/resources/masks.html.
- A supply of 3-ply disposable masks are available in the school office.
- Rapid antigen tests are available in the school office.
- Wash hands frequently, sanitize hands when hand-washing is not readily available.
- Practice respiratory etiquette (cover coughs and sneezes).
- COVID-19 and routine immunizations are encouraged. Go to the following link to find a location that offers the COVID-19 or influenza vaccine https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/finder.html