Pandemic News and Updates
June 19, 2020
SMA Survey Regarding Student Access to Digital Devices and Access to the Internet
As SMA looks forward to the 2020-2021 school year, we would like to gather information regarding student access to a digital device and access to the internet. With Office 365 (including Microsoft Teams) as our primary digital environment, it is important for us to have this information as we respond to current realities. Your feedback is valuable and we thank you for assisting us in our planning. Please respond by Wednesday, June 24. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=OCjbq4jMzUSXFt2wkuXhiaIDgdQUEt1GhzYl2lbJUWNUOVZDTjdWM0NQNlAwM0IwVjBXWlRMUkdHRy4u
June 16, 2020
The Manitoba Government is surveying both students and parents as part of Phase Three of the Restoring Safe Services Plan. The surveys will help inform Manitoba Education and their education partners in the development of a re-entry framework for the 2020-2021 school year.
Student Survey: https://engagemb.ca/phase-three-restoring-safe-services/survey_tools/school-re-entry-survey-students
Parent/Guardian Survey: https://engagemb.ca/phase-three-restoring-safe-services/survey_tools/school-re-entry-survey-parents
June 1, 2020: Phase 2, Limited Use of School Facilities
April 8, 2020: Message from SMA's President, Connie Yunyk (Scerbo '77)
March 14, 2020: Government decision to suspend classes.
March 12, 2020: Message to parents, guardians and students
- All of SMA's extended educational experiences/trips are on hold for the 2020-2021 school year. Once the global recovery plan is functioning well we will move forward with planning.
- Manitoba’s Department of Health has announced they are postponing the school immunization program for the remainder of the 2019/20 school year. Click here for details.
- Uniform Sale that was scheduled for April 21 is cancelled.
- All Manitoba High School Athletic Association Provincial Championships and school sport activities are cancelled for the remainder of the school year.
- Parents' Guild Cash Lottery is postponed until further notice.
- Marian Awards For Excellence: cancelled
- SMA's Cafeteria, Academy Bistro closed on March 18 and will reopen when classes resume.
- Tartan Shop is closed Friday, March 20 and Friday, March 27. The Shop will reopen once classes resume.
- Wednesday Morning Prayer: cancelled for March 18 and 25.
- School-wide Easter Liturgy scheduled for April 15: new date TBA.
- Harvest Thursday: suspended until further notice
- Holy Week Gathering: cancelled
- Generations Day: current grades 7 and 8 students will participate in Generations Day 2021.
- Panel Interviews: cancelled
- SMA's two extended educational experiences taking place in Europe: cancelled
- Grade 10 trip to Rotary Career Symposium: cancelled
- Human Rights Team Dinner: new date TBA
- High School Hockey Playoffs: postponed indefinitely
- Drivers Education: Driver Z classes and in‐car sessions are suspended until April 5. Students are to continue with the online portion of the Driver Z course.
- Table for 100: Cancelled
All outside use of SMA's facility is cancelled until further notice. If you have questions please contact Nadine Dannenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Students and Families
Information about COVID-19
Government of Canada Website with Information and Resources
Government of Manitoba Website with Information and Resources
COVID-19 Government of Manitoba Website
Government of Canada Travel Advisories
World Health Organization COVID-19 Pandemic
St. Mary’s Academy strives to keep students, parents, alumnae and friends informed about events and activities at the Academy. The Torch Light magazine, for alumnae and friends, is published annually in September. A Newsletter, for parents and students, is published four times during the school year. A Student Bulletin is published twice per week. The Cafeteria Menu is published monthly. For recent news and updates, scroll down to access our social media feeds.