Individual Music Lesson Program
St. Mary’s Academy is pleased to continue our partnership program with the Manitoba Conservatory of Music & Arts (MCMA) for the 2023-2024 school year. This partnership delivers individual music lessons on campus for SMA students. By hosting MCMA instructors in our school, we are able to offer the highest standard of music lessons combined with convenience for students to attend music lessons in our building.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Individual lessons are available for voice, violin, contemporary (jazz, pop, improvisation) or classical piano, guitar, and ukulele from beginner to advanced levels. Other instruments may be added if there is interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Lessons are scheduled in 30-minute intervals on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:45 to 6:15 PM.
- Lessons run from September until June. No lessons during Christmas Break or Spring Break.
- Lessons take place on St. Mary’s Academy campus delivered by the MCMA.
- MCMA supports and encourages performances for students at recitals and in the community through their Music Equals program, the outreach arm of the MCMA. SMA students are invited to participate in their performance opportunities. To learn more, talk to your MCMA teacher or email Sarah at email@example.com.
- Registrations may be accepted throughout the academic year according to availability.
The MCMA Bursary promotes access to music education by providing tuition credits for individual music lessons. These tuition credits will be awarded to deserving students who face social or economic
barriers to pursuing music education. For more information on the MCMA Bursary program and to download the application, visit https://mcma.ca/programs/bursary-program/.
ABOUT THE MCMA
The Manitoba Conservatory of Music & Arts is Manitoba’s premier independent community music education institution. Founded in 1984 by musicians for musicians, the MCMA enhances Manitoba communities by providing accessibility and excellence in Music Education. The MCMA provides instruction at a level of excellence, whether students are just starting or studying music at an advanced level. All instructors have a Bachelor of Music degree (or higher), and many have active professional performing careers in addition to their teaching studios.